Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Space Shuttle!

Hello! I am very sorry that it took so long for me to post this, but I did it as soon as the pictures were uploaded onto the computer. And sorry that it says I posted it on June 11. That is when I started writing it and saved it as a draft. Apparently Blogger uses that date when you actually publish it. Anyhoo, well, I don't know how long ago the space shuttle took off, but that day we went to a park about an hour or so away from our house to watch it go off. We had a very fun and interesting time. To start us off, here is a random picture that I took while in a tree that you will see below:

The only reason it is here is because I accidentally skipped it when uploading pictures to this post, and I found it after everything was in order. So there. Ha. It's very nice, don't you think?


The spot we picked to sit was next to a canal thingy were boats push off, I think. Before we even set up our chairs, we went over there because there was a line of people looking at something. It turned out to be a mother and two baby manatees!


Over the canal in front of us there was a big red truck trying to park. All it succeeded in was hitting its front on a post and a rock and backing up into a tree.

Here is our camp. We were pretty bored at first because we got there 45 minutes before the shuttle was supposed to go off, so I took my mom's camera and snapped a few pictures.


This is the palm tree we were sitting under. I took this picture lying down looking up at it.


These are clouds. Did you guess?


This was the view through the rails in front of us and to the left.


This picture would be perfect if it weren't for the car hood in the bottom right hand corner.

As I was taking pictures of our surroundings, I spotted this tree behind the palm tree we were under. Of course, I quickly put the camera down and went over to climb it. It was soooo cool!


There were all sorts of branches to climb on and swing off of. I stayed over there for a while.

Here we are waiting to see the space shuttle launch. It was very windy, as you can see from my hair.

There it goes!
This is the smoke it left behind.

And guess what? The video my mom took loaded! Hurray! Make sure to turn your sound on so you can hear the rumbling.


Ta da!

Well, that is pretty much it. Be sure to check in more this week because there will be another post plus the June contest!

4 comments:

addi said...

that is so cool i wish i could be there it sounds amazing any way i am a christen to and today i am getting baptisd

Acacia said...

Wow that looks like so much fun!!! were you near the space center?

Anonymous said...

I'd been waiting for it-- great job with all the pictures-- I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series (too bad you couldn't have taken a close up of the truck in action :) enjoyed hearing the rumble too of the shuttle!! cool!
gr L

Mrs said...

I finally got the video to work. Nice!

I was in CA when they landed. I heard a "blurb" on the TV at my brother's and came running in, "The shuttle's landing?" I don't think they realize how connected we Florida residents are to the shuttle.