Friday, May 9, 2008

Must-Reads!

Have you guys ever read the pre-whatever to Peter Pan? There are three: "Peter and the Starcatchers," "Peter and the Shadow Thieves," and "Peter and the Secret of Rundoon," [Look, Mrs! Punctuation inside the quotation marks! You must be so proud. *sniffle*] all by Dave Barry and Ridely Pearson. Well, they are amazing books! Each of them is about tttttthhhhhiiiiiisssss thick, but I finished each book within three days because I couldn't put them down! These books explain:

-How Tinker Bell came to be
-How Peter got to Never Land
-How Peter got the ability to fly
-The Lost Boys
-Captain Hook's constant struggle with the crocodile who wants to eat him
-The Indians of Never Land

Also, in these books, Peter is actually with Wendy, Michael, and John's parents, Molly Aster and George Darling.

So please, you guys definitely have to read these books! Please! I am begging you! You won't regret it.

8 comments:

Mrs said...

I'm more proud of the critique! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I really don't like the way we Americans handle our quotations. The British put commas outside the quotation makes, and that makes so much more sense to me!

After that rampage...
I've never read these books, but I do so love Peter Pan!
Thanks for giving me some Summer reading suggestions!

P.S. I forgot about my little contest! Whoops! I guess I'll be announcing the winner soon. :)

Acacia said...

Next time I go to the library I will have to get one.

Anonymous said...

I've read those books too! I think the are just plain awesome!!!!!! But I haven't finished the hird one yet




p.s.- Nice Review

I said...

I will try it

Anonymous said...

I'll try and get to them after i finish the other bazillions of other books people are recommending! oh i'm waiting for that candy bar..... =p

Anonymous said...

sorry wrong smiley face! here you go

:)

Raquel said...

yup drov i've got it and it is torturing me, just sitting in my fridge like that, but i will give it to you on sunday!