Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Things I Notice

You know, I haven't written in a while because I think there is nothing to write about. But as I just look around me, I see that that is nowhere near true!

So, I tried to notice things the last few days.

Last week, I created a "school corner" by our computer chest thing. I have a floor-level desk, with a box next to it that holds supplies and serves as a bookshelf for my books. Above the desk is a small bulletin board, and above that is a world map. It is quite cozy.

I was walking in our backyard looking for a flower for my Japanese ikebana flower arrangement for school, and I noticed all of the beautiful flowers that are growing back there. We have all shades of pink, along with red, yellow, and white flowers...soon the back yard will be spring central!

Tonight I took my bed apart. Now that may sound weird, but that is what I do for fun. Okay, not really. My mother wants my bed for the guest room because she doesn't really like the bed that is in there now, so we will sell that one and replace it with my bed. I get a new one. But there was nothing stopping me from just having a mattress in exactly the place I want the new bed while I wait for a new one! I really was getting tired of how crowed my room looked, because since I have a day bed, it has to go completely against the wall instead of coming out, if you know what I mean. All of my furniture was forced to the other side of the room, where it looked sloppy and crowded. But never fear, for after two hours of work, including taking apart a bed, moving it to the guest room in pieces, repositioning a canopy, and cleaning and vacuuming, I have a roomy room! Hooray!

I know that those of you who come to my house sometimes can hardly bear your excitement. Have patience. You will see soon enough.

2 comments:

Mrs said...

You are the furniture movin-est girl I ever met.

I'd love to see the flowers!

Raquel said...

Hooray for rearranging!!!