Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Trees!

Last Sunday we drove to North Carolina to help my Grandparents, Aunt Pam, and Uncle Mike (who are living in the same house) pick out a live Christmas tree.  This place was really cool!

1 They had some trees already cut, but you could also choose your own.

2 We walked up this hill to the grove of trees.

3 Mollie had the best seat.

4 I want one of these!

6 

9 10 

11 The trees smelt so good, even to my stuffed-up nose!

12 13  15

This is the one I picked out. =) It’s a little Charlie Brown tree!

 16 We weren’t actually planning on getting one, but they were pretty cheap, so in the end, we did! This is the one we picked out:

17 

18 Joel wants you to know that he gives it a thumbs-up.

19 20 21 I don’t even know what this is.

22 Or this.

23 Pretty soon, one of these guys came  up with a chainsaw and cut it down for us! It was so fast, I didn’t even get a picture of him doing it.

25

Where our little tree used to be. Say goodbye to your childhood home.

24  Then he carried it to a pickup truck…26 27 28 And drove it down!

29 When we got back to the bottom, they put it through this thingy.

30 31 When it came out, it was all tied up!

32 And there they are!

33 The lady that ran it liked us so much that she gave us each a free wreath-also real!

34 35 

Up next: Decorating for Christmas!

P.S. We took some family pictures while we were in the trees. Here they are in case you wanted to see them.

044 045 99 

313  In this picture, my mom is combing Joel’s hair with a branch. =) 316   319

=)

4 comments:

Mrs said...

This post definitely brought big smiles, Raquel!

leorb = That round thing in France.

Unknown said...

I love this post! Looks like a fantastic time. Makes me wish we weren't putting up our artificial tree. =/

I love your family pictures. But why is it every picture of Joel I ever see is of him doing something crazy? =P

Natalie said...

We got our tree, too! On Saturday, though. I love the family pictures. Mollie is so cute!!

grammaL said...

Well, that was really cool! I had no idea they could tie up the trees like that! That told me everything I was wondering...like how you got them home, etc.! Mollie looked like she had a great time!