Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow Day!

I’ve decided I’m not going to promise when I’m going to post things anymore. :)

Anyway, last Saturday my mom woke me up and told me “It’s snowing!” You all know how I love my sleep, so I got up, took a few pictures from INSIDE my room, and went back to bed. Hey, I thought, the snow will still be there in an hour.

When I did get up, I eagerly volunteered to take the dog outside, a chore that none of us like to do, especially since it is usually at or below freezing these days. Brr! But not today! This was the first time I had been out that day.

3

This is the view when you first walk out.

012

Quite a transformation, eh? (This isn’t actually what it looked like, all of those pretty leaves are gone now ;)

4

5 7

Hobbes wasn’t quite sure what to do with the snow! At first, he just ate it!

8

9

10

11

After a few minutes though, he was prancing around in it. :)

12 67

13

14

This picture is way cool.

16

As is this one! I love the look of the snow on the dead branches.

17

When we came back in, Hobbes' nosie was speckled with snow!

19

18

We went to the F house later.

20

This is their back porch.

21

Josh loves the snow more than any of us!

22

Uncle Mike took Mollie out in the snow. :)

23

24

25

26

Love this one!

27

28

29

When we got home, I went exploring.

34

This is my tree, the one with the tree fort in it. (I’ll have to post pics of that sometime.)

35

My tree fort has a great view!

36

37

38

39

40 43

44

This is the path up to a field, coming from my tree fort.

45

That’s looking back on the trail I took. See our house on the left?

46

47

48

And then…I found Narnia.

49

50 56

57

58

59

60

61

62

63

64

65

66

It was gorgeous! It might snow again next weekend. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah...
My breath has been stolen by all this beauty.
This all seems so foreign.
I'd want to be in it all the time except for the whole freezing cold thing.

Mrs said...

As beautiful as all of this is, including Mollie, I sure hope it's gone by the time we get there!

jujljac = abbreviations for Julie, Jill, and Jackie

Natalie said...

So beautiful!!! The pictures are amazing!!

Joel said...

Mrs, what does setalt mean?