Friday, July 31, 2009

A Trying Time

As you probably know, this whole moving process has been pretty rough for the whole family. We get a call from people who want to see the house and clean it so it is spotless. The people come, look, and decide it's nice, but they don't want it. Or, they don't even come at all! A few people have really wanted it, but it never worked out.

We are coming up on August, and honestly, all of us thought we would be gone by now! It is so hard to wait and see what God's will is. The only thing we know for sure right now is that He doesn't want us to move yet! Thankfully, we do know that His will is good. That is such a relief in this trying time!

All five of us have grown during this process. We have learned so much on trusting God alone and not depending on ourselves, because obviously, we can't do it! My mom said tonight that if our house had sold only a few weeks after we put it up for sale, we might think, Well, it's a nice house! Why wouldn't it sell? Our selfish sin nature is so quick to say "me, me, me," and leave God out of it.

We have also learned A LOT about patience! Most times we have a showing we try not to think much of it so that our hopes aren't dashed, but we still wait anxiously for a call from our realtor. We certainly have been doing a lot of praying too, and we thank you for your support. I know my friends have been a big help to me!

Well, tonight we had another showing. So it begins again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate what you wrote Rachel. It is good to know that the Lord is still in control and though the ups and downs are difficult we are all growing through process. Since I am really wanting to be near my kids and gr-kids I'm hoping we're near the end of the course! :0) :0)
love you lots!
gr-ma F

Big Bad Dad said...

Actually, I just orchestrated this whole "moving" thing to get you to clean your room more often. I figured you'd get used to it and keep it that way.

Mom said...

We couldn't get ready for the showings without all of your help! I'm proud of the way you step up and do your part to help me and Dad.

It has been hard, hasn't it? But, I'm thankful to see that you are learning some valuable insights at such a young age. These will help you throughout life.

I love you,

Mom

grammaL said...

Wow, Rachel, that could have been written by your mom. (up to the point where you say "my mom":) God has been doing a lot in you and I am very thankful. It is kind of hard to sit up here in Indiana and go through the process with you...so God is working on us too. And who knows what will happen when we are personally in it. Anyway, also wanted to say every time we talk to your parents they say how much it is a family thing to get the house ready and they couldn't do it without you.

love you much!!