Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Graduation and Dedication!

One of the reasons we went to North Carolina in May was to attend my Uncle Mike's graduation. He graduated summa cum-laude! (with highest praise!)









Doesn't he look so proud?


My camera acted funny and made his face all bright and shiny in this picture, but I think it portrays how he felt pretty well!


And look who else was there! Mollie was very proud of her daddy.


After the graduation we spent 15 minutes taking pictures. :-)


That's my Aunt Pam's family.

The next day, we had a surprise party for Uncle Mike. (he actually sorta kinda knew about it, but that's okay :-D)





During the party, we had a dedication for Mollie.

My dad started out.



Then Aunt Pam's dad spoke to her.


My grandpa spoke next, challenging Uncle Mike.


My grandma challenged the community to stand by them and encourage them in this task of parenting that God has given them.


Finally, my grandpa prayed.


Then, the cake was served!


Oh, and I found some purty flowers that held my attention for a while. :-D



Most of the party you could find the boys playing football.

In fact, most of Josh's life you can find him playing some kind of ball game.
Another thing you could find us doing a lot during the trip was this:
My aunt and uncle's neighbors have a huge hill up to their house, and we had a blast riding down it!
Before we left, we took lots of family pictures!
Four generations!


Mollie with her namesakes.

Mollie and Mommy!
The F's!

My dad couldn't resist.

:-D

No comments: