Friday, December 10, 2010

Meet Callie

So, it turns out that we are not getting the kitten I showed you a while ago. When we went to go get her, Mrs. B suggested that, since we can’t get Sweet Pea (the momma) until she gets spayed in a few weeks, we should take two kittens. She said we could see which one got along better with Hobbes and which one my dad liked more. And they could keep each other company. :)

Well, my dad likes this one!:

IMG_0607

He likes her because she runs right up to you when she sees you, and she’s content to just lay on you and purr. She’s such a sweetie!

IMG_0609

We’ve decided to name her Callie. I know, so much for the name poll. But she didn’t really look like a Maggie to me as much as the other one did.

IMG_0583

Callie is sort of the girl version of Calvin. So now we have Callie (Calvin) and Hobbes! (: If you haven’t read that comic strip before, you should definitely check it out. We have all the books and they are torn up because we read them so much. :)

IMG_0616

Aw! I just love her! She and her sister have made themselves at home in our garage. Once she gets bigger, we’ll let her and her mommy roam around outside. But for now, she’s happy to run around and explore in our basement! (:

2 comments:

Bekah R. said...

Awww! What a cute kitty! And Callie is a great name!

Tali Rose said...

She's so stinkin' cute! I want a kitten!