Sunday, June 6, 2010

Saturday Sightings: Blue Hole

(Yes, I know it’s Sunday. But so much happened yesterday! More later.)

Blue Hole was so. amazing. And it was only because of one waterfall.

089

Not this one, but this was nice too. Blue Hole has four different waterfalls that are connected. 090 091 We went down the fun way. Stairs are for weenies.

093 094 097 103 This was a cool swimming hole! I would have gone in but I didn’t bring a change of clothes. :(

104 But this… this was the best part.

105 It’s on top of the waterfall with the swimming hole.

106   111 IT WAS SO COOL!!!  121 122 You could even go behind the waterfall!

124 127

130 131 Joel hit his head.

140 141 143 That’s the V’s. They came with us.

 145 148 Even Mom and Dad went!

150  153 155 Josh fished most of the time with his new fishing pole. He caught a big trout!

156  What a cool place. I hope we go back!

4 comments:

Mrs said...

What fun to visit places with cold water! Makes me want to head out to Blue Springs or Rock Springs.

I look at those pictures of you guys behind the waterfall and I wonder if you took the time to shout to each other, "Stay alive! I WILL find you! Just stay alive!"

Sorry if you don't know which movie that's from.

Raquel said...

Aw, I don't! Which one?

Unknown said...

Last of the Mohicans!

I'm increasingly jealous that these places are CLOSE to you!! I'd trade the beach any day.

Josh said...

When Rachel used the term "big" for the trout, it was big for the area I caught it in. It was only 9-10 inches long and was a brown trout. Excuse me, a 9-10 in. brown trout in a swim hole 15-20 feet from one end to the other! Usually you catch those in rivers or lakes, not tiny swim holes!